PRE-ROLL, MID-ROLL, AND POST-ROLL ADVERTISING
Today, video advertising is universally acknowledged as the fastest growing promotional format. Current trends indicate its going to continue to outperform other ad techniques. That’s great news for those who leverage the traditional concepts of our TV spot approach and integrate them with our web experience. These platforms are a perfect fit for 15 second pre-roll and mid-roll experiences for our users and clients.
2018 Quick facts on StoryLine Sites:
- Video on Demand (VOD) assets are typically the only video that are within article pages and therefore have Pre and Post.
- WATCH which has VOD and LIVE will have Pre and Mid-roll. Mid-roll is only within the LiveStream to take on the breaks.
Pre-roll, Mid-roll, & Post-roll Are Parts of the Awareness Phase of Buying Cycle.
Video Ad Serving Template
VAST is a Video Ad Serving Template for structuring ad tags that serve ads to video players. Using an XML schema, it transfers important metadata about an ad from the ad server to a video player.
VAST communicates information to the video player about the ad: here’s the ad, and here where you can find it on my server, here’s how long to run it, this is the click through url, and here’s the path to the pixel I need to fire off for tracking.
TARGETING VIDEO STATS
- We deliver 14% higher VCR (Video Completion Rate), on average
- 125% higher click-thru rate on desktop campaigns, on average
- 25% higher VCR and 50% higher click-thru on mobile campaigns, on average
OUTSTREAM IN-LINE REVEAL
Outstream, an In-Content Video Reveal ad format, is the revolutionary ad experience that is inherently viewable. Includes inline technology to provide the first OutStream advertising experience with player control scrubbing options and interactive capabilities.
This unique video advertising empowers brands with a revolutionary new way of storytelling that is viewable by design.
Expand your traditional video advertising inventory with an OutStream ad experience specifically designed for mobile.
Connected TV / Over the Top (OTT)
Over the top (OTT) refers to the delivery of film and TV content streamed directly over the internet to a connected device, bypassing the need for viewers to subscribe to a traditional cable or satellite package.
Please refer to our COMPULSE OTT page
SUPPORTED FILE FORMATS
SUPPORTED FILE FORMATS
- Audio Video Interleave (.avi):
- Apple QuickTime Movie (.mov)
- MPEG Video (.mpg or .mpeg)
- MPEG-4 Video (.mp4)
- Windows Media Video (.wmv)
- Flash Video File (.flv)
- Maximum file size: 500 MB
- Frames per second: 30
- Resolutions: 640×480px (4:3); 1280×960px (4:3); 1280×720px (16:9)
- Bit rate: 1 megabit per second
- Length: Most ads run from 15-30 sec.
VIDEO ADVERTISING STRATEGIES
Station sites story content incorporates social links, ensuring users have the ability to “share”, “like”, or” follow” a story. When users come to our sites they see our advertisers. As each campaign expands, so does our clients brand reach building loyalties among consumers.
Order any and all of these solutions with Creative Services here
VIDEO RELATED RESOURCES AND LINKS
Display Advertising Creative Format Guidelines and Best Practices
Sinclair Digital Ad Specifications are guidelines for ad format development, including information about ad dimensions, file sizes, file formats, animation and asset delivery.
ONE SHEET SUMMARY
- Videois easily searchable and frequently shared across different platforms and media.
- With pre, mid, and post roll opportunity is ripe to completely captivate the audience.
- Video provides the abilty to create quality content that dramatically increases interaction and engagement rates.
- By entertaining target audiences, clients enjoy a higher success rate, influencing users’ purchase intent and brand loyalty.
- Because data is easily tracked and measured throughout the entire process, clients are able to see ROI benefits.
- Video advertising allows consumers to see client content on all devices — moble phones, tablets and desktops.
- Geo-targeted and re-targeted solutions also provide multiple opportunities to reach desired demographics.
- Finally, videos enjoy quality placement so clients know their campaigns will be viewed, both in-banner and within pre, post, and mid-roll positions.
- The various lengths of video ads present both advantages and challenges. For example, 30-second spots are most effective for conveying complex or emotionally resonant messages. They work best in user-initiated placement. The optimum length for creative, digital video in the pre-roll position is 15 seconds.
- Effective use of video ads also requires accurate, hyper-local advertising. Locating interested viewers can promote an advertiser’s interest-based profile of the best audience for pre-roll ads, thus locating the best neighborhoods to target.
- Another effective strategy is to measure how audiences respond to pre-roll ads. When analyzed, variables such as which target consumers view pre-roll ads, or when viewers click away from or close videos, reveal how video ads actually perform.
- Effective use of multiple videos keep audiences engaged. Displaying a variety of videos throughout a campaign maintains message freshness and avoids over-saturation.
- Companion banner ads alongside pre-roll ads keep messaging in front of a targeted audience even after the video ends or is skipped.
- The most important key to great display advertising is structuring the message first. Organizing messaging provides the “hook” to capture an audience and holding its attention.